The main goal of FoF is to produce qualified graduates in both forestry education and research. Of the faculty goals is the reflection of the role of forestry in the continuity and sustainability of rural livelihoods. Specific objectives of FoF are:
- To qualify forest research and practice cadres as part of the contribution of FoF towards community.
- To implant and develop the spirit of hard working and responsibility in implementation forestry works with strong commitment to the ethics of forestry profession.
- To teach self-study techniques and its use to build capacities, individual and professional skills to follow scientific research in the field of forestry.
- Concoction of continuous education programs and specialized studies in all branches of forestry sciences.
- Mobilization of FoF potentialities to contribute to improve the level of forest services in collaboration with related stakeholders and in line with national policy on the environment and in response to community needs.